Sunday, January 29, 2012
I think Warren's talk at a recent teach-in was more powerful than this piece. But it's good to have this in print.
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Friday, January 13, 2012
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Monday, January 9, 2012
Be it therefore resolved that the Davis Division of the Senate of the University of California lacks confidence in the leadership of Chancellor Katehi, and
- Condemns both the dispatch of police in response to non-violent protests and the use of excessive force that led to the deplorable pepper-spraying events of November 18, 2011.
- Opposes all violent police responses to non-violent protests on campus.
- Demands that police deployment against protesters be considered only after all reasonable administrative efforts to bridge differences have been exhausted, including direct consultation with the leadership of the Davis Division of the Academic Senate.
- Accepts Chancellor Linda Katehi’s good faith apology.
- Expresses confidence in Chancellor Linda Katehi’s leadership and efforts to place UC Davis among the top 5 public universities in the nation.
Friday, January 6, 2012
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Petition received on December 30, 2011, requests a vote regarding: (1) condemnation of both the dispatch of police and use of excessive force in response to non-violent protests on November 18, 2011; (2) opposing violent police response to non-violent protests on campus; (3) demanding that police deployment against protestors be considered only after all reasonable efforts have been exhausted and with direct consultation with Academic Senate leadership.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Access phone number: 1-866-740-1260
Access passcode: 4459924